The EPSRC funded Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Catalysis is recruiting high quality applicants for training towards a PhD.
The CDT is seeking applications from students who have interests across the whole breadth of catalysis research areas. Applicants should have a minimum of a 2:1 degree and either a MChem or a Masters in an appropriate related subject.
Based in the three centres of Bath, Bristol and Cardiff, and working closely with UK industry, a PhD at the Catalysis CDT is a 4 year course that offers an unparalleled opportunity to conduct cutting edge research in all areas of catalysis from theory to engineering. During your first year, you will spend time at all three universities, before deciding on which area of catalytic chemistry or engineering to specialise in during your research project.
Course title: Master of Research Catalysis, MRes
Please note: The first year is an MRes qualification and is run across all three universities. Students then opt to do their PhD research with one of the three universities. The MRes programme is only available as the first stage of the PhD programme and cannot be completed independently.
Course code: RFMVCATA
Prerequisite: Minimum of a 2:1 degree, and a MChem/MSci or a Masters in an appropriate related subject.
- Complete the online application form through the Cardiff Postgraduate applications system
Please include with your application:
- A CV detailing education and relevant work experience
- A detailed personal statement of why you want to study the Catalysis CDT 4-year PhD programme and why you are suitable (approximately 500 words). Note that it is NOT necessary to submit a research proposal
- Contact details for two referees who we may contact in support of your application.
- For those successful in their application, the current interview dates can be found here
For informal enquiries: Please contact the CDT Manager, Helen Whitfield: WhitfieldH@cardiff.ac.uk, or Tel: +44 (0)29 208 74791